Friday, June 29, 2012

Are you persuing your dream? 6-21-12

I just wanted to start out by saying that I wrote this (and the next several other blog posts) several days ago in my journal.  It has just taken me some time to finally get them on the computer.  So, the date next to the title is the date the post was written.

My sister Cindy recently gave me a book called, The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson.  Like many other things in my life, I put off reading it.  Not because I didn't have the time ~ we all make the time for the things we really want to do.  I put it off because she told me it would be life changing.  I knew from the title of the book that it would cause me to not only think about my dreams, but make some real changes to make them happen.

On p. 20 of the book, he writes: 

~"The Dream Giver gave me a Big Dream before I was even born.  I just finally woke up to it!"

~"My dream is what I do best and what I most love to do.  How could I have missed it for so long?"

~"I had to sacrifice and make big changes to persue my dream.  But it will be worth it."

~"It makes me sad to think that so many Nobodies are missing something so Big."


The book is already resonating with me, and I am only on the 1st chapter.  I have a dream.  I have a dream of owning my own business, a dream of writing a book, but most of all a dream of becoming successful doing something that I love to do.

As I am writing this, I am sitting outside by the pool of a ladies beach retreat.  It is early in the morning, and the birds are singing.  The praise and worship leaders are preparing to minister.  I know God has something special for me today.  Lord, I am open to what you have for me.  Please speak to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment