Monday, July 2, 2012

Psalms 37:4 6-27-12

One of my favorite scriptures is Ps. 37:4.  It is the scripture that is the foundation for my new business Udderly Delightful.  (I will expound more upon that later.  God is still helping me work out the details, but I am very excited about what is coming!)

Psalms 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Sometimes those desires are big, and sometimes they are small.  When you realize that God cares even for the small stuff, you can begin to envision God taking care of the big stuff.

Here is just a little story about what happened to us today.  Yesterday I said to John that I would love to have some watermelon.  I said, "That would taste soooooo good right now!"  BTW, we have a huge watermelon vine growing in the cow's pen in front of the house.  It just grew there on its own, and it has about 12 watermelon growing on it right now.  If that is not crazy enough, the cow's are completely leaving it alone.  They are not eating the vine or walking on it, even though they LOVE watermelon!

So anyway, I said to John, "I wish those watermelon were ripe so we could eat them!"  He said, "I'm afraid that I have gotten very spoiled for seedless watermelon."  He is assuming they will be the seeded kind - if they are even any good.

Two days ago David said, "Mom, I wish we had some apple juice.  I LOVE apple juice, and I haven't had any in a long time.  Will you buy some the next time you go to the store?" 

Then today I was sitting here working on my notes for my business and listening to one of the CD's I bought at the ladies conference this weekend.  I was thinking, "I sure would like a sandwich.  I really should get up and fix one."

The next thing you know, John comes walking in the door carrying a big box.  He had taken our calf Robbie to the YMCA day camp in Tifton where he was part of a petting zoo they were having for the kids.  Anyway, he says, "Who is going to eat all this food?"  In the box was about 10 sandwiches, cheese sticks, applesauce, and a whole bunch of apple juice drink boxes.  Then John said, "You know how you were just saying last night that you were in the mood for watermelon?"  About that time, David comes walking in the kitchen with a large seedless watermelon!  (It was leftovers from lunch at the day camp.)

Isn't God good?  He cares about the little things, and he cares about the big things too!  Some of you know the details of an ugly land dispute we are having with a neighbor.  We have decided to just put it in God's hands because it is clearly too big for us to handle on our own.  I challenge you right now to go find your Bible and read all of Psalms 37.  God has it all under control.  All we have to do is trust him.  By the way, I CANNOT WAIT to give the testimony of how God took care of this problem for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment